This 60 hour online pre-license course prepares you for the Michigan Residential Builder PSI exam and includes a downloadable PDF so that you can take the material with you! Topics covered include construction laws, business practices and building codes. Finally, it includes a final exam you need to prepare you for the state exam.
The first step to become a licensed Residential Builder or Maintenance & Alteration Contractor in Michigan is to complete a LARA approved 60 hour pre-licensure course.
LARA required course subjects are covered, and include:
- Business Management, Estimating, and Job Costing
- Design and Building Science
- Contracts, Liability, and Risk Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Project Management and Scheduling
- The Michigan Residential Code
- MIOSHA Construction Safety Standards
This multi-media course includes videos, animated slides, interactive quizzes, and downloadable pdf for the entire course!
The Glencoe Carpentry and Construction textbook is highly recommended, but not required. Add it to your cart during registration if you do not already have a copy.