This new 1-hour law course for Michigan contractors meets the state requirements for your continuing education, and covers topics such as residential and commercial changes to the Michigan Energy Code, an explanation of the changes to minimum wage and sick leave law, a description of two areas of concern, and a case study.
Some of those specific topics are:
- Changes to the Michigan Energy Code
- Amendments to Commercial Code
- Amendments to Residential Code
- Changes to Michigan Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave
- Solving Change Order Disputes
- Open Records Rights
- Bidders' Confidential Information
- Accessing Confidential Information
During the course, there will be in-text questions to help you gauge your knowledge while moving through the class.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for Michigan Contractor Training courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and Michigan-approved lead instructor for MIContractortraining.com, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by Michigan Contractors, to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.